garyj's room

This is a place where you can post pics of your systems.
garyj
Advanced Member

garyj's room

Post by garyj » Sat Oct 12, 2013 8:03 pm

gary

Double D
Advanced Member

Post by Double D » Sun Oct 13, 2013 5:25 am

WELCOME ABOARD ! :D Great looking room, can you give us a breakdown on your configuration ? .. 8)

garyj
Advanced Member

Post by garyj » Sun Oct 13, 2013 11:41 am

Double D wrote:WELCOME ABOARD ! :D Great looking room, can you give us a breakdown on your configuration ? .. 8)
It is sort of two options that I use for two things. The front end is an old esoteric transport and a bc501ob. Then there are two preamp/amp choices:
A d
gary

BlueKnight
Advanced Member

Post by BlueKnight » Sun Oct 13, 2013 5:26 pm

garyj
Advanced Member

Post by garyj » Wed Feb 26, 2014 9:57 am

The room will not look different, but soon the bc3000 GZpz and bc204 return from their visit to Canada. The pre amp will have double the amount of capacitance and the bc204 will have new "hybrid cross" input stage. Add an x1e for the bc6000. should be fun
gary

garyj
Advanced Member

Post by garyj » Sat May 24, 2014 10:45 pm

Nothing you can see, but i switched out the power cord to the bc3000 and was surprised at how much difference it makes. I know power cords matter in my lower power tube stuff, but always felt with all the filtering and big power supplies with the bc gear there would be less of a difference. i tried a couple of cords and found some small but real differences. Then i tried a pretty expensive (in my world) stage 3 vortex prime, and really the result was pretty stunning. just added a level of coherence and presence that surprised me. it is running from the bc6000 with a X1e filter to the bc3000 gzpz with the added capacitance. has anyone else had this experience?
gary

masluck
Advanced Member

Post by masluck » Tue Jun 03, 2014 7:28 am

Hi Gary,

I can only comment on 2 parts of my system (BC3000 and Simaudio transport) as those are the only ones that I don't have dedicated BC62/BC68 MKII with Neutrik powercons. I didn't get a power cord when I got my BC3000 MK II used. So I had an old Audio Art Power 1 that I used initially. I then read some good things about the Triode Power Labs 10 Plus. I purchased it and I feel the sound improved. Now to be fair, my preamp has had some major stuff done to it last October (GZpz SE, KQ, etc.) and it may be that it is finally breaking in, but it did sound better (in the break in state it was in) when I put that power cord on it. Based upon your preamp having the same kind of brain salad surgery mine did, I have found that break in was in the 4-5 month timeframe. Others may disagree, but my system would sound great one day, then really flat the next - like holes in the sound stage. Now it is in full swing and I can't be happier. I hope that helps as there is some controversy around the effects of power cords (my wife finds that especially humorous). :shock: :shock: :D :D

Mark

garyj
Advanced Member

Post by garyj » Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:31 pm

I am quite happy with the upgrade to the preamp. The whole system sounds more engaging and the staging is just so natural. Brilliant piece of equipment.
gary